Creating a more efficient use of space
- Imagine a dining room with a chandelier that hangs from a soaring two-story ceiling. The owners weren’t happy about all that wasted space. We divided the vertical space in two by adding a floor and game room above.
- New sun room/study/office
- Expanded two bedrooms, closet and bathroom
- Rebuilt the stair system
- New kitchen cooktop and built-in refrigerator
- Numerous other, extensive changes
Even when remodeling, we think green. We recycled, reused, and donated almost all the fixtures, lumber, cabinets, and other materials we removed from the house. The goal is to keep this stuff out of the landfill.
Tarry Town Remodel
A better use of space for the family
This family home was large, but its awkward layout used the space poorly.
We designed and made extensive changes that gave the family an additional 800 square fee of new living space - without increasing the footprint of the house.