Central Austin Garage Apartment
A quaint garage apartment keeping the Austin funk alive
What do you do when you are out- growing your home but absolutely love where you live? You build an addition, of course.
Faced with this dilemma and limited lot space, a decision was made to add on to the original detached garage. This project presented multiple challenges and needed new footings and steel beams to support the new second story dwelling. The ultimate goal was to provide a versatile space for the clients that they could use for guests and a home office. This addition allows for flexibility and growth and ensures they can raise their family in the neighborhood they love.
- 4-star green rated project
- Hybrid heat pump water heater in garage/work shop
- High efficiency GREE Mini Split system
- Open cell spray foam insulation
- Reclaimed wood from another tear down in Austin
- Low VOC paint
- LED bulbs
- Low flow fixtures and toilet